Sunday, June 28, 2009

Walk Hard...

No this is not about the movie "Walk Hard" (which by the way we watched yesterday and laughed hysterically at!) But at what my goal for the day was...to walk, walk, walk. So as soon as the mall opened this morning we headed over to walk. First let me say that I am NOT a fan of the mall. I hate having to maneuver through it...I wish every store had an exterior entrance...I hate having to fight a huge crowd to get to one little store. There are those people with the kiosks who harrass you into letting them rub some stuff on you or exfoliate your hands (what's up with that?). And beyond that the smells of the mall are waaaay to much to handle pregnant...between the horrible cologne smell that escapes Abercrombie to all the funks of Bath & Body to the Chinese place in the food court it just sends me over the edge. Ugh.

Anyway, I have completely avoided the mall for the most part during this pregnancy (with the exception of Target which has it's own entrance/parking lot). But it's like 100 degrees here and walking outside is not an option. So gritting my teeth we endured the mall.
So what do you get when you mix a hormonal pregnant lady who is dangerously close to her due date, an eager father to be who is happy to appease said pregnant lady, and a mall of stores said pregnant lady has not been to in say 9 months???
Yeah...you guessed it. Some money being spent.
We first stopped in a shoe store that carries Toms...I have been dying for some red Toms...they've been backordered online for awhile so we've been trying to catch them at this store (or Travis has been trying to catch them at least). I squealed with delight to see 4 pairs of red Toms hanging on the shelf...all size 7. I need an 8. Dang!
Leaving frustrated and disappointed I spy Children's Place across the way. Desperate to lighten my mood we pop in only to look at the clearance. I was delighted to find two cute pairs of shorts on clearance (and they were running an additional 25% off!) So I only spent $9 on these two shorts...love it


Off we go...out of Children's Place & pass by the food court. Prepared to hold my breath & get past it quickly. Travis mentions pretzle dogs...cut to me and Travis sitting in the food court sharing a pretzle dog...so yummy but regretted it quickly after once we started really walking.
As we're leaving the food court we spy Houndstooth which is running a special on short sleeve tees for $10! Daddy can really use some new tees so we leave with two new Razorback tees!
Continue walking but spy Baby Gap...hmmm. Didn't I hear they were having a heck of a sale??? Decide to check it out. Daddy finds a super cute silver glittery sweater for miss E and I spy some uber cute jeans...maybe these will lure her out of the womb...both on clearance so not too bad, right???
Now we MUST walk. We make it all the way to end of the mall, through Dillards, and are making our way back to the other end. I'm hurting, sweating, and regretting the pretzel dog majorly by this point. Surely this will bring on contractions right?
Yeah not so much. We even made a few laps around Old Navy after leaving the mall and so far nothing...I'm pretty sure little Essie just will not come on her own. So we continue to wait...and as I am waiting I have been passing the time reading this book...I've heard wonderful stories about babies sleeping 11 hours through the night because of this book. I am fully committing to this book and am going to try out the scheduling it lays out...letcha know how it goes!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails