Tuesday, June 16, 2009

38 Weeks

Well two weeks left...I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. At times I'm ready for her to be here and at other times I'm scared half to death! We had a ROUGH night last night. I started having (contractions?) a great deal of discomfort and back pain around 10 pm...just like the night before. I felt a lot of pressure and tightness. We started timing them and they were no where near consistent...some would be 8 minutes apart others 12 minutes. But they did go on for over 2 hours like that. Then I couldnt' get comfy to sleep...no position would work. I ended up propped up on like 4 pillows so I could breathe easier and slept like that for 3 hours. Then of course had to get up to potty and was up for the next 2. I think it's safe to say that I'm in that "miserable" state of pregnancy. I've been lucky to have not gotten to this point until now!
Essie should be close to 7 pounds this week and around 20 inches long ( like these leeks). She pretty much just quits growing at this point and fattens up from here on out. I have my doctor appointment tomorrow morning and am fully expecting to hear that we've got some sort of dilation going on (considering the past two evenings). But I have to see a different doctor since mine is out of town this week...not so much fun. I will post my belly pic tomorrow...I'm quite surprised at how much it's dropped!
Here is an adorable gift we recieved last night from a dear friend, Sarah, who I used to work with. She dropped by to see the house and give us this adorable set dishes to use with little E.C. later. Isn't it cute? We have been so blessed to have such a wonderful support system throughout this pregnancy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails