Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update on unemployment (week 7)

So it's been just about 7 weeks of unemployment for Travis.  Things have not changed much since I posted last.  He's still putting in applications (recently he applied to the Army Corps of Engineers in Memphis & Entergy in Russellville).  He also had a 2nd interview with the Highway Department in Little Rock on Monday.  We are still playing the waiting game.  Currently the only job opportunity that we know of that will allow us to stay here is the one in Memphis (and that will require him to commute an hour each way each day).  I'm starting to get more and more down about it.  I'm starting to worry more and more.  I find myself laying in bed at night fantasizing more and more about telling his old boss just what I think of him.  Oh what I'd give to just lay into him...I do think it'd make me feel a bit better.  I am starting to slowly come to the realization that we are probably going to have to move.  It makes me physically ill to think of...to leave our house, my job, our friends, etc.  Ugh I don't even want to think about it!   Soooo that's where we are....it sucks and I hate it but someday it will get better, right??

And just because I can't post without a pic...here's my baby girl tonight.  She will NOT stay  out of the dog water bowl so we gave her a bowl of water to play with.  The very first thing she did was pick it up (impressive by the way) and try to drink out of it! Which of course she dumped all over herself (classic Funniest Home Videos moment!).  She had a blast splashing and dipping her hands in! This picture is very blurry (I took it with my phone) and it was her shocked look right after she dumped the water all over herself!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hate to hear that. We are still praying for you all. Will pray that something opens up soon.

Natalie K said...

I pray things will start looking up for you guys soon and something good for happen. It sounds like you're doing everything you can right now and I'm sure it's exhausting not just physically, but emotionally too. The Lord has blessed you with an amazing little girl, I'm sure she keeps you smilin'! Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails