Monday, April 5, 2010

an evening with my laundry room...

It was Gorgeous Today so as soon as we got home, I strapped Essie's sunhat on, laid a towel out, and let her play toys outside!







And tucker started jumping in and out of the blue swimming pool barking because he wanted it filled with water.  That of course totally freaked her out!  So we put water in it...and maggie even got it for a bit!



And look who dipped her toes!  And DIDN'T MELT DOWN!  We are making progress!  Maybe just maybe one day she will play with those balls! :)

And then I cooked the BEST dinner...it's a Pioneer Woman recipe "Baked Lemon Pasta".  It was awesome.  Even Essie slurped it up!




Then after she went to bed I started getting the itch to clean and organize.  I've been needing to move all our cleaning supplies to the upper cabinet in the laundry room so she can't get into them!  It started as that and then ended up with me spending two hours in our laundry room cleaning, organizing, throwing away. 





I really think I just needed to spend some time in there.  It's been weighing on my mind lately that we may just have to sell this house and I want to be able to say that I enjoyed every single room.  You see I've always wanted a laundry room like the one I have and I have never really gotten to enjoy it.  We've just shoved things in the cabinets and never looked in.  So I am proud to say that my laundry room and I bonded tonight (I even used an old toothbrush to clean the crevices of the washing machine). 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Essie is just a doll! Those big blue eyes are sooo precious! The laundry room looks very neat & organized. I'm sad for you to even think that you may have to sell your house. By the way...how is the job-hunting going for your husband?

Related Posts with Thumbnails