Thursday, April 22, 2010

How "Randi Travis" was made!

Kelly's Korner this week is all about "how you met your hubbie!".
 So here is ours! The first time Travis actually met me was at a "fifth quarter" at his church in Batesville. He was in the 7th grade, me in the 9th. Fifth quarter was a time for teens to hang out at the church after football games to play games, etc. I at the time was not the typical candidate for such a thing but I went with my friend Deanna who attended the church as well. I don't remember Travis from that night, however, he confessed to me not long after we stated dating that he remembered me that night. Apparently I made quite an impression on him because he still remembered what I wore that night (an Orlando Magic jersey, yeah baby!).

But I guess our official first meeting was the summer of 2001 when I went to work for the Batesville Afterschool program. One day my friend Ashley and I  were driving past the school that it was held at & I mentioned to her that I had applied there for a summer job. We saw this guy (turned out to be Travis) on the playground surrounded by kids playing a game. I mentioned that it was weird that a boy his age (18) would be working at such a place. Ashley laughed and said "you'll end up marrying that boy". Now keep in mind...I didn't know who he was at the time. Well I got the job and met Travis during our first staff meeting...he was late as always. I thought he was cute but I really liked how shy he was. So all summer I crushed on him and flirted to little success. Then one of the 4th grade girls picked up on the vibes and tried hooking us up. He thought it was a joke. She was the first to realize that our names together made "randytravis" as well. So anyway, I waited to the very last day of work (one day before I left to go back to college) and I asked him if he wanted to go to the fair with me. He said "I dunno". His mom who was the director of the program shouted out "yes, he will" from somewhere in the back of the room. So we went with a Ashley and a little boy that I had promised to take. It wasn't really a date but things blossomed from there. Here is a pic of us at the summer program (the second summer that we were dating), the night we got engaged, and our wedding pic!



We started dating on September 1st 2001, got engaged on March 28th 2003, and married on December 27th, 2003.  We've been together a total of almost 9 years and married for 6 and a half years!

3 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved reading your story....Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Tara G. said...

Ok, your story is so sweet, but really, that little one on the side bar is a DOLL!!!!

Shoshanah said...

I can't believe you guys met for the first time in middle school and wound up together. And how fun that your names together make Randy Travis. In case you were curious, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner

Related Posts with Thumbnails