Saturday, April 17, 2010

1000th post!

I just noticed that this is my 1000th post! That blows my mind! I'm so glad I decided to start this blog a few years back.  What started as a way to document our journey into homebuilding has ventured into our journey into parenthood and there is no telling where it will go next! 

We have enjoyed our lazy saturday at home!  This morning Essie woke up bright and early (of course!).  After breakfast we inflated this swimming pool we bought on clearance last year. Our little girl loves to climb.  It's all she wantes to do these day...climb on everything.  We are constantly chasing her down the hallway and pulling her off the dog bowls or out from under the dining table.  We thought she would like climbing on this since it was soft...but no...she really was terrified of it!




Then this afternoon we drove over to ASU to go to the free petting zoo they were holding.  Essie really didn't know what to think of the whole thing really! She would yell at the animals but didn't want to touch them (which was okay with me!).  They had areas set up where kids could hold baby goats (which were the cutest things I have ever seen!), baby ducks, bunnies, pigs, cows, etc.  We also saw turkeys, donkeys, chickens, and alpacas. (and yes you may notice Essie has on several outfits today...she's still recovering from that tummy bug and has had several blowout diapers!) 












I also got started on Essie's birthday banner...here's a sneak peek!


Then this evening Sarah & Matthew came over to babysit Essie so Travis and I could have a date night.  We still had giftcards from Christmas to use so we went to see "Date Night".  Appropriate huh???  It was seriously one of the funniest movies I have EVER seen! I usually don't laugh out loud at movies and I howled on this one.  Even clapped and slapped my knee a few times!  Seriously...go see it! Steve Carrell and Tina Fey together...it does NOT get better than that!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails