Sunday, March 28, 2010

a very special moment!

So last week while at Wye Mountain taking pictures in the daffodils, I ran into a very special person. Let me go back a little bit first...I spent 2 years teaching PreK when I first graduated.  I taught in a very small school that is about 45 minutes outside of Jonesboro.  My first year teaching was also the first year that we started a prek program in this school.  In fact we spent the first few weeks teaching without tables and chairs.  Anyway, I loved those years.  Loved them dearly and that was all due to the families and the kiddos.  I did not enjoy driving 45 minutes each way and having to get up extra early but I loved the people there! Those kiddos will forever hold a special place in my heart.
 Anyway....this little girl...Hannah....was one of my first students.  In fact I taught her for 2 years...she came to me when she was 3 years old.  She is such a sweet girl...I remember how she loved to pretend to teach. Here is a picture of her at 3 in my classroom.

And here is a picture of her now...I haven't seen her in like 5 years! I couldn't believe it! And she remembered who I was!  It made me cry.  And her mother said the most special things about me...and that made me cry harder!


It's not often that you get the chance to hear what an impact you made of the life of a student!

1 comment:

Allison said...

That is so sweet. That just makes it all worth it, doesn't it?d

Related Posts with Thumbnails