Tuesday, March 9, 2010

update on unemployment...

So we are beginning week 3 of unemployment...here is where we are right now:
  • Travis has completely updated his resume and has given it to everybody who will take it.
  • Travis has applied for various jobs so far we've not heard back.
  • Travis attended the ASU job fair in hopes of meeting potential employers.
  • Travis had an interview with the Arkansas Highway Department today.  It would be for a job outside of Jonesboro.  I reeeeeaaaalllly don't want to move.  REALLY don't want to move.
  • I have started tutoring afterschool 3 days a week to bring in extra money.
  • I have tried talking Travis into substitute teaching for extra money...so far he's not game.
  • I am having to adjust to our new life of scrimping and saving. 
  • Essie is now attending daycare parttime...3 days a week.  This saves us $40 a week.
We are getting by and trying to stay positive.  I am hoping and praying that a job opens here in town.  Have I mentioned how much I don't want to move???  We are kinda at a crossroads.  We know of a dozen or so jobs that are open however they are all out of town and would require a move across state.  Do we take what we can get? Or do we stand our ground and wait until something opens up here? We poured a year into building our house.  I cannot imagine teaching anywhere but Fox Meadow.  I cannot imagine Essie attending a school other than Fox Meadow.  We have such good friends here....Ugh I hate uncertainty! I just wish we knew exactly what to do...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

God knows for certain....leeeean on him. Sounds as tho you are staying VERY positive. Thanks for sharing pictures of that sweet little girl. What a munchkin! A cute one at that!!

Allison said...

ugh. sorry you are having to go through all of this. I know the unknown is hard. Keep staying positive and if you do have to move, well maybe that's where you are supposed to be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails