Tuesday, July 14, 2009

You are my sunshine...






The girls I teach first grade with were super sweet today to bring us dinner so we had to dress miss Essie up for her visit. We chose this sunshine yellow dress and sunflower...I think she looked cute if I must say so myself! She loved all the attention she got and was wide eyed awake for everyone.

We are still adjusting to life with her...I was on duty last night with her and got very little sleep. During the day she is pretty good about feeding every 3 hours and taking around 3 ounces per feeding...she poos during each feeding as well. However at night she doesn't like the 3 hour schedule so much. She wakes up every hour and is hungry...it's the craziest thing! So we got to sleep from around 1:00 to 2:30 am and then she was up from 2:30 until 4:00 am. Then she slept from 4:00 am until 7:00 am. So we've GOT to work on our nighttime schedule! I'm feeling pretty good...as far as my incision etc I'm great! I only took pain pills for 2 days and that was only at night. I'm almost completely painfree right now. I think I'm still really anemic and have been fighting this sinus junk still so I get lightheaded/dizzy when I walk so I'm not quite comfortable carrying her around yet. But other than that am pretty much back to "normal". Exhausted but absolutely in love with my little girl. I am so blessed to have been given such an incredible gift! We have her first doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm excited to hear how she's developing. We have a notebook of questions for our doctor so I'm also ready to get some of my mommy questions answered!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails