Monday, July 27, 2009

a very "mom" day

This week Essie and I have a super busy schedule...I have a meeting every single day and she's going with me. Today was our first day out together just the two of us...it was also my first time driving in almost 3 weeks! We had to be a meeting at my school at 10:00. Sarah came over this morning to ride with me and give me a hand in getting out the door....I'm really not supposed to lift much yet and carrying her in that carseat is heavy. Even worse is lifting her in and out of the big ole jeep! Anyway...I had laid out our clothes last night in preparation for today. I packed her diaper bag...had everything ready because I was so stressed about it all! Little did I know what I was in for today...

So we woke up this morning and I fed Essie and then I got dressed (no time for a shower). I got her dressed in a super cute outfit and bow. Just as I was picking her up she spit up...and it was not one of those little spit ups. It was a never ending, heaving, all over the place spit up. It covered her, me, and the floor...I panicked. I had not scheduled time for this! So I quickly whipped her outfit off and gave her a quick rub down with wipes to mask that horrible smell. Got her dressed in a "backup outfit". Put her in the carseat and I changed clothes. I also started a load of laundry because I didnt' want that sitting on her cute clothes while we were gone. All I needed was a bottle...and of course I had 7 empty dirty bottless. Dang! So I washed the bottles and refilled them just in time for Sarah to show up. Stressful!

So Essie got to visit my classroom for the first time today...today was the first day we were allowed back in. Of course my room is a disaster from the summer cleaning (we will handle that this weekend!). She was a perfect angel the whole meeting and everyone loved on her. This is her at the meeting...
After that we came home and I fed her again while we waited on daddy to come home...(the a/c guys were supposed to make their final appearance today). During that time she had a MAJOR blowout diaper (no more poop troubles for this girl). It was all over her and me. And then it got all over her changing pad when I laid her down. While I was changing her she decided to top it off and pee all over the changing pad/me again! I could NOT believe this day! So I changed her and me AGAIN (shirt #3 of the day for me). She did get to sport this super cute bib today for her daddy...Then my mom, brother, and niece came up. It was my brother and niece's first time meeting her.... We all went to chick fila for lunch...this is my girl at chick fila chillin' and meeting her uncle and cousin Haley.

So I had a very "mom" day I'd say. It was great though...I really enjoyed the freedom of being out and about with her on my own! Essie is worn out and waaaay out of our normal routine...I've just now showered for the day and am worn out myself!!! Life is good though!
Also, here are a few pics of the headboard my very talented hubbie whipped up in just a matter of hours. I thought he did a heck of a job...and just look at the big ole' king sized bed. It's oh, so soft and comfy. If only we could actually get a good night of sleep in it...maybe in a few months we will!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails