Sunday, July 19, 2009

This Momma's Top Picks

Okay after 11 days of being a mommy I have several items that are my "must-haves". I know that I was always looking to other moms for advice on what to use/items that are essential to have around with a newborn. So here are a few of my top picks for new mommies:

1. This travel crib...We LOVE it! It's smaller than a regular pack & play and it has wheels so we just roll it around with us everywhere! And it packs small for when we do travel!


2. Diaper Genie...oh my. I thought this was just a really expensive trash can. But how it contains the smell of those newborn poopie diapers! Amazingly refreshing!


3. Itzbeen...it keeps track of how long it's been since we last fed/diapered/slept. I cannot live without this right now...after trying to keep track of her feedings at the hospital on paper I sent Sarah to Target for us to get this and we've used it more than anything else!


4. Pampers Swaddlers...love how they fit and how they keep the wetness away from her!
5. Lansinoh breast pads...no explanation needed. But every new mommy (nursing or not) needs these!

6. Soothie pacifiers...Essie LOVES these pacis! I thought they were super ugly and I hated how much they cover her face but she "hearts" them very much! I found cute pink ones but they are for older babies and are too tough for her right now!


7. Dr. Brown's bottles...we love these so far. And the pieces aren't too hard to wash so that's not really a big deal. So far we've not had too much tummy trouble and I think that's largely due to these bottles!

Those are my top picks right now...and yes I stole all those pics from the internet but I didn't feel like walking around taking pics of all my stuff tonight! I hope this might help any new mommies or mommies to be out there!

3 comments:

Beth Thornton said...

Yay! Thank you! I just wrote down everything you listed! :-)

Emily Ann said...

Thank you! I'm bookmarking this post.

Rachelle said...

That Itzbeen thing is awesome! I'm sure it's a big help to a mom and dad who are delirious from lack of sleep!

Related Posts with Thumbnails