Friday, July 31, 2009

More Wedding Stuff!!!

Okay so over at Kelly's Korner is another weekly "Show us Your Life" and this week is wedding ceremony, party, and flowers! I'll try and keep it short and sweet...
We got married on December 27th, 2003. Our colors were black and white and we had red flowers. We were married in Travis' church back home in Batesville. Our pastor from here in Jonesboro (Don Martin) did the ceremony. My bridesmaids...
Here is Travis with my bridesmaids...(like I said our hired photographer sucked it up and we got no good posed pics)
Starting at the left is Charity...we grew up in the same neighborhood but became great friends in college. Next is Julie...she was my maid of honor...we've been friends literally since kindergarten. Next is Rebecca...we met in college in education classes. We lived together our last semester of college. Next is Ashley...matron of honor...she and I were friends when we were younger but really grew close in college. And last is Tanya...Travis' sister!
They wore black and white dresses from Maurices (not your typical bridesmaids dresses but I loved them none the less). And they were cheap! They carried fire and ice roses...beautiful!
The groomsmen...

From the left is Tim...best man...travis's brother. Next is Jeremie, Jeremy, and Josh...all Travis's friends from high school/church. And last is Ryan...my brother.
Our flowers...

I carried deep red "Charlotte" roses and white feathers. They were wrapped in satin and I had a diamond horseshoe charm attached to them for "luck". The "maids" carried "fire and ice" roses which are white roses with red tips.

We had alot of music in the wedding..."The Prayer" by Josh Groban and Charlotte Church played as an intro. My friends Dana (she also took the only good pictures we had at the wedding) and Charity sang "Parent's Prayer" while the parents and grandparents were seated. They also sang our unity candle song which was "Grow Old Along With Me" (if you've never heard it...google it...it's beautiful!) Our recessional song was "I Feel Good" by James Brown...I had to mix it up just a little bit! It was hysterical!
Our flower girls were my cousin Shelby and Travis' niece Kennedy. Travis' mom made the dresses...we gave them "Build a Bears" as their gift and his mom even made matching dresses for the bears to wear. How cute is that?
Our ring bearer was Travis' nephew Nate. He was so handsome!

I will blog the reception next Friday!

2 comments:

Amy said...

We had the same wedding colors. I love when people pick non-traditional recessional tunes. Ours was "I Got You, Babe" by Sonny and Cher, and my husband didn't know that. His expression was priceless when it came through the speakers.

Unknown said...

I love how you incorporated your personality into your wedding. That's what makes it special.
How pretty you look. Everyone looks terrific. And your flowers are beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails