Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress!

Over at Kelly's Korner, the tour of homes is over but each week there is a new theme to show off different things. This week is wedding dresses! I thought it would be fun to join in and look at old wedding photos for the first time in years! We've been married for almost 6 years...we won a proposal contest from a local radio station (Travis did an amazingly unique proposal that I will post about later). So we won a lot of our wedding things for FREE! One of which was my wedding dress. It was from a local boutique called the Wedding Gallery (love them by the way) and they were really low on dresses in my size. So I got to shop for my wedding dress via catalog....scary! The first dress I picked out wasn't going to be in until a few weeks before the wedding so I was terrified I wouldn't like it once I put it on. So I talked them into letting me order a "backup" dress just in case. That dress came in really quickly so I got to try it on. I fell in love with it immediately. When my first dress came in later I HATED it! So it was a blessing that I had that backup dress and did i mention it was free??? The dress, veil, earrings, shoes, and bracelet were all FREE! So was Travis's tux rental!
My dress was quite "froo-froo" for me. It was big and beaded and heavy! I felt like I was "all boobs" in it but needless to say I loved it! It had beautiful beading all over the bodice that trickled down the skirt and onto the train. It had a cathedral length train (I don't remember just why that was sooo important to me) that detached for the reception. Good thing too because as soon as we left the ceremony Travis stepped on it and ripped it off! Ha! My veil had rhinestones around the trim and I thought it was just gorgeous! Looking back now I wish I had toned down the "bling" a little! If I were to do it now I'd go with a much more simple dress for sure!These pics are not the best quality...they are scanned in. The "professional" photographer we used really sucked it up. We had some friends taking pics for us as well and their pictures were much better but we forgot to take any posed ones with me and Travis at the alter! Ha!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Very pretty. I love your dress!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails