Tuesday, July 7, 2009

41 Weeks and Heading to the hospital...


Just got out of the doctor's office and we are going to be heading to the hospital at noon. We did the non-stress test which shows that Essie's heartrate is fine. Then we did the ultrasound which showed that we have very little fluid around her so we are going to go ahead and induce. I am still not dilated but a medical induction is now necessary because of the fluid level. I wasn't quite prepared to hear that and was ready to go into the hospital tonight rather than this afternoon so I am a little frazzled now. The ultrasound tech estimated her weight at around 7 pounds 11 ounces and she said that Essie has a small head which is relief to this here mama! I'm nervous and excited and worried all wrapped up in one and have had my emotions bubbling over since we left the doctor's office. It's just a little too real right now and I can't believe she will actually be here soon. We are taking our laptop with us and will update as we can. All I know now is that my doctor is coming in at 2:00 to administer the cervical gel stuff to get the dilation going. Please keep our family in your prayers today and tomorrow! Please pray for a healthy little girl and an uncomplicated delivery! Here is my 41 week pic...you can really tell how much my belly has shrunk...should've tipped us on the low fluid level, huh?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck! Just to let you know if the dreaded word c-section comes up that after having one both ways I would choose a c-section again. But I will pray that you don't have to worry about that and everything goes quickly.

Michelle said...

Good luck! I will definitely be thinking about you and your little family today! I bet you can't wait to see her beautiful face! It's going to all be worth it, no matter how you get her out! :) I hope everything goes just the way you imagined. No worries! It's a beautiful day to have a beautiful baby girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails