Friday, March 13, 2009

nursery update







Here are a few new pics of the nursery. We didn't get as much done this week as hoped (mainly because of my recent illness). Travis is currently working on the chair rail...he painted the bottom last night. The cream didn't cover the the brown paint as hoped so it's going to take a third coat. I'm hoping to get the painting complete tomorrow so we can put the furniture back. I'm ready to start organizing her clothes. A question for you moms out there...what is the best way to organize their closets/dresser? What stuff do you hang/what do you put in the dresser?

4 comments:

Michaels babydoll said...

Pants, sleeper, pj's in drawers .... dress, shirts, hang up

Anonymous said...

Love the nursery! It is so cute! I am a little OCD about Mason's closet as Carey will tell you. I have different sections with dividers for 2 piece outfits, one piece outfits, shirts, and pants. I also have a section for things he will grow into and things he has grown out of. We keep socks, hats, and pj's in the drawers.
I hope you are feeling better soon!

Cunningham's Chaos said...

Organization, What's that? haha love ya babe hope you get to feeling better.

Creekmore's said...

Here's how I've done my boys: We have a changing table that has a single drawer and a closet on the side. In the drawer I put sleepers, onsies, socks and bibs (I've had those in a basket too). In the side closet I put his everyday quick grab clothes. It also has a basket on the bottom shelf where I keep shoes. In the big room closet I keep his nicer clothes like church clothes, etc. I also have them hung in the closet by size and season. So like right now I have all of 12 mo. stuff on the left hand side and all of his 18-24 mo. stuff on the right hand side. The winter stuff I have in easy access.

Here's a tip, as she outgrows it and/or the season changes, invest in lots of plastic boxes. I label each 0-3 months, 3-6 months and so on and put them in our attic. That way when Tyler was born I was able to just get out Samuel's old stuff, wash and hang it as he reached each new age. I really recommend hanging onto everything. I had two boys born exactly in the same season and while I do buy new things for Tyler, he has worn nearly all of Samuel's things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails