Monday, March 23, 2009

Girlie Things



We've continued to work on Essie's nursery. The pictures above are the view you get when you first walk into her room. This sign hangs right as you walk in under her chandelier. We added the feather boa to it to make it stand out against all that pink!

We found this great frame on 90% off at Hobby Lobby. We had a mirror cut for it and painted it to match her furniture. It now hangs above her changing table.

We also got these two little shelves for a steal at Hobby Lobby...they were originally black so we painted them to match as well. I found some plates which surprisingly matched her blue at Target. I had originally planned on hanging them but kinda like the way they look on the shelf.

Haley painted this unicorn for the room...she is so excited about Essie. So it proudly sits on her ladder shelf now!
My dad made these gorgeous blankets for her...they are super soft and I can't wait to wrap her in them!
Here are a few pictures of her closet. I am still working on organizing it. I've got most of her outfits hung up...hanging baby clothes is hilarious to look at! :) Her closet is really big so I'm looking for a shelf or some other organizer to put on the bottom left side. She's got a lot of room to grow in there right now! I also picked up this shoe organizer at WalMart that I'm using to put her headbands, pacifiers, shoes, & other small items in right now.

1 comment:

Creekmore's said...

I understand that right now her closet looks very empty, but you'll be surprised how quickly it gets full. You haven't even had any showers yet and look how much you have already. Plus, remember that as she gets bigger, so do the clothes. And the toys! Oh, the toys. Both of my boys toys take up the entire bottom of their closets. So don't spend too much on things for now. Think more about in a year or two. KWIM?

Related Posts with Thumbnails