Friday, March 6, 2009

Blush & Bashful

"My colors are Blush & Bashful". "Your colors are Pink & Pink". Love that quote from "Steel Magnolias" (one of my all-time favs). That quote has run through my mind all evening as we picked out paint colors. We are doing a two-tone pink stripe in Essie Claire's room and I just can't stop saying that in my head! Much to my disappointment I was unable to find paint colors named Blush & Bashful but we did decide on two lovely shades. We are only going to stripe the top half of the walls...the bottom is going to be painted cream and we're hanging a chair rail. I NEVER thought I would be painting a room pink but since we are using the bright blue in her fabric we thought the pink would be best. Here is a pic of the darker of the two pinks...the pictures do it NO justice. It really is pretty. And there is nothing sweeter than my husband painting a PINK room!

We cleared the room, moved the furniture to the middle, drew a chalk line, and Travis had begun painting the first color. That way it can dry overnight so he can tape and paint striped tomorrow. It may seem that we're doing things backward by adding the lighter color on top of the darker. However, we knew the lighter pink would not cover over the brown that was already in there and we HATE to prime. So we're doing things in reverse! I can't wait to see it all put together!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails