Sunday, May 9, 2010

What being a MOM means to me...

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a mommy...Travis and I waited 5 years to begin trying for a family and we were blessed to find out we were pregnant right away.  Unfortunately we lost that first baby and I don't think I've ever felt a sadness and emptiness like I felt then.  However, God had a plan for us and a few months later we found out we were expecting again.  My heart was full of joy.  I couldn't wait to find out "what" we were having. (me on mother's day last year!)

When I found out we were going to be having a daughter....my mind raced with visions of doing her hair, dressing her in cute outfits, painting her toenails, and spending hours and hours having "girltalk".

However God has blessed me with so much more than I could've ever asked for or expected.  Being a mommy is just the single most amazing gift I've been given.  You never understand what it's like to love a child until you are blessed with your own. 

I've been a mommy to the most wonderful, beautiful little girl for 10 months now...the best 10 months of my life. I cannot ask for anything more but to get to be this little girl's mommy!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails