Sunday, May 23, 2010

ummm...yeah....wow...

Since it was like 1000 degrees outside today we stayed inside all day.  And all I can say is ummmmmmm......yeah.....wow.

First of all, Essie woke up earlier this morning that she does during the week so we were up and cooking breakfast shortly after 7 am.  After breakfast Travis went out to put his starter back on his truck.  Yes, add that to our luck lately...his starter went out and we've been down to one vehicle for over a week.  So Essie and I stayed in and played.  Lets just say that wherever essie goes, there is usually a trail of destruction to follow. 


She is into everything and her favorite thing to do right now is to empty things.  But I will say that she often does try and put things back where they go...she tries her hardest but often gets discouraged.

After a short nap for her it was on to lunch.  She ate her weight in watermelon and I gave her a popsicle to try.  She tore it up!  She of course was a mess so we had outfit number 3 of the day.


Then I tried emptying the dishwasher...you can see where she ended up.  And no matter how many times I removed her from the dishwasher she climbed right back in.  She pulled all the silverwear out.  And when I was trying to load it she would put the spoons in for me!



and since we have chased her down the hall and pulled her off the stairs for the millionth time today we finally gave in and put up the baby gate which makes her REALLY mad. 

She even tried to crawl under it.


So since she couldn't climb the stairs she decided to crawl inside the barstools.  And then she got stuck and couldn't get out. 



And then it was off to the window where she tries to destroy the blinds.  So I pulled them up and she tried and tried and tried to get ahold of the strings.


Finally it was time to cook dinner.  She found her tupperware door and removed all the stuff inside. 



And then it was back onto the window to watch daddy grill.  She thought that was pretty funny!



She ate steamed veggies and tried corn on the cob for  the first time ever.  She was ALL ABOUT THAT! 





Just like her daddy was when he was little!


And more watermelon before bathtime!


And as I type this it is my first time sitting down for the first time today...and she is in her daddy's arms asleep...thank goodness!  She has been a wild woman all day!

I am putting the recipes for my baked beans, hamburgers, and grilled corn on the recipe blog so hop on over and check them out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails