Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our BABY names!!!

Kelly's Korner this week is the story behind your baby names! I love this topic.  I've been obsessed with baby names for as long as I can remember.  I started a list of names back when Travis and I started dating and we talked about our baby names for years before we even began trying for a family!  We've already used our girl name (of course) but we still have our boy name in the bag too.  So here they are:

Esther "Essie" Claire House
My dad's mom was named Esther Mae and my mamaw was also named Esther.  I've always loved the name and love the biblical significance of it as well.  We just chose Claire to go with it because we liked it. It took us forever to come up with our girl name...we toyed with tons of different names and we just kept coming back to Esther.  A few years back we were walking around TJ Maxx and two little old ladies were walking beside us and one of them hollered out "Oh, Esther!" to the other and Travis and I both looked at each other and grinned! We knew we'd have our own Esther someday!
McEndree "Mac" James House
My grandmother's (my mom's mom) maiden name was McEndree.  We love that name so we will name our son McEndree (if God ever blesses us with one!) We will call him Mac for short though.  James is Travis' dad's name and we like how strong of a name it is and how the two go together.  And just fyi if we are ever blessed with TWO boys our other boy name is William Huck House and we will call him HUCK.  I just flippin love the name Huck and William is signifcant on all sides of the family I'm sure!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

i love your choices for baby names - and how they have so much meaning to them!

Cherry Berry said...

Love the name! And she is just precious!

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post! I love all your baby name picks! I love all of Essie Claire's picture down the side of your blog, so precious! Hope you have a great weekend!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

A super fun post...Love you names....Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails