Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wedding Reception

Kelly's Korner is finishing up the wedding posts tomorrow. The theme for tomorrow is wedding receptions/honeymoons. I'm really whooped tonight so I'm just posting pics of our reception. We went to Longbow Resort in Prim, AR (near Greers Ferry Lake) for our honeymoon...we didn't have digital cameras then and I'm not about to scan our pictures in. But you can hop on over to http://www.longbowresort.com/ to check it out...it is beautiful and rustic. It was featured in Southern Living awhile back and has been deemed "A modern day Eden". I will say that I am probably the only girl you know who went spotlighting for deer on her honeymoon...oh, yesss we did! (not my choice by any means). Anyway...I will do a honeymoon post sometime...it was quite an adventure! But for tonight here are our reception pictures. We did pretty much everything for the reception...made the food, decorated, etc.
My mom made the cakes...they were beautiful and delicious!


Did I mention that my hubbie is a little bit of a redneck??? Yess, that is a camo tablecloth you see there...




One of my favorite things we did was bake a TON of my mamaw's peanut butter cookies to give as favors. We bagged them up in these cute gift bags and attached the recipe with one of her quotes. My mamaw was too ill to attend the wedding but was so proud that we did this! By the way...Essie is named after my mamaw Esther!

This was our reaction to seeing our "getaway truck" for the first time. I cannot even begin to describe the scene...

It was wrapped completley in saran wrap, toilet paper, and powdered sugar. There was icy hot spread on things and trash placed in the bed of the truck but that did not compare to the inside...

Yes.....that's feathers, rice, confetti, balloons, etc. And is was GLUED to the dashboard! Lets just say it took his groomsmen a small fortune to decorate the truck...and an even bigger fortune (and several hours) to clean it out afterwards.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails