Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4 Weeks

Today Essie is 4 weeks old! I can't believe how fast she's growing. She's really chunking up nicely...she can hold her head up reallly well...and she's so alert and interested in everything. Today she and I spent over 5 hours working at my classroom...she did pretty well except for the fact that she wouldn't nap at all. So I brought her home around 3:00 in hopes that she would nap. She did for about 20 minutes. Then we Travis got home we went back up to the classroom to try and get finished. She was NOT having that! We were up there about 2 hours and got absolutely nothing accomplished. She was very upset the whole time and didn't want to be put down. She cried on and off the whole time (very unlike her!-she usually only wimpers when she's hungry). She even cried the whole way home, which is really unlike her. And of course as we are turning on our street she falls asleep. But once we got in she was awake again. So we rushed around to get her bathed and fed in hopes that she would crash! I think she's just really overly tired which made her fussy this evening. We also switched from her "ready to feed" formula to the powder formula. So she may be having some tummy issues as she adjusts to that. I don't know what the cause is but she is typically the happiest little thing and is just not herself this evening. Hopefully she will get a good nights sleep and we will have a better day tomorrow!
This is where she hangs out in my classroom. I pulled the cushion off my chair, covered it with her blanket, and put it in my reading center. She enjoyed looking at the straw that was hanging and the light from the window.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails