Monday, August 3, 2009

Housewife.

After our busy week last week and our busy weekend that followed, I vowed to stay home today and rest/relax. I promised Essie we would stay in our pajamas all day. And we did...I even showered and put on clean pajamas! I didn't do much resting or relaxing but I think Essie did enough for both of us. Our house has gotten filty and the laundry was piling up and I had a list of things to do to get ready for school to start. I couldn't handle letting it slide so I spent the day checking things off my list.

Seriously...what dog would allow this?? He just laid there and let her kick and rub on his face like that!








First I attempted to sew some new curtains and pillows for my classroom. My old ones were pretty tired looking so I picked up this zebra fabric that was on sale at HobLob last week. I am not a seamstress by any means but I can make an average looking curtain and pillow!

While I worked on that, Essie enjoyed her bouncy seat and looking out the window.

Then it was on to laundry and cleaning. I cleaned our bedroom, kitchen, breakfast nook, and living room today...vaccuumed, dusted, sanitized...the whole nine yards! Then I worked on making labels for my classroom, etc. fun, fun!


Once Travis got home, I cooked this yummy dinner of salmon cakes, fried squash, and steamed veggies...I'm posting recipes on my recipe blog.


I did stop occasionally to love on my girl, enjoy her smiles (see video at the very bottom), feed her, and of course wash bottles ( a never ending cycle around here!) She did look so yummy in her "hungry caterpillar" pj's. These were actually hand-me-downs from her cousin Haley!

She's been holding her hands like this lately...it cracks us up. She looks like she's saying "you wanna piece of me?". She also tucks her thumb between her index and middle finger like I do! So today was a pretty good day overall...I felt like a housewife for the most part but I enjoyed it. Oh what I'd give to be able to be a stay at home mommy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails