Thursday, August 20, 2009

classroom tour and maternity leave

Well today is the first day of my maternity leave...I am so blessed to get to hang out at home with Essie for the next 6 weeks. I don't go back to work until October 5th! Joy! I have been working the past few weeks to get my classroom ready, prepare my sub, and start the kiddos off. Yesterday was the first day of school and it went well! So in honor of my maternity leave, here is a tour of my classroom!

When you walk into the room...

Another view from the door...my guided readin table and desk.
Looking to the right. Bathroom, sorting center, and familiar reading baskets.
Desks ready to go!
The front of the room...my carpet/calendar area. We spend the majority of our time here!
Reading Center...thanks to my hubbie to built it for me!
Listening Center...
Carpet area....read alouds are my favorite time of day....those buckets hold TONS of books!
A few centers: writing and spelling
The left side of the room...we hang all our charts here.
The hallway decor
My door decorations...our theme this year is "respect is wild" and first grade ran with the "Where the Wild things are" idea. I thought these doors were cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read your blog from time to time and I just had to tell you your room is adorible!! My son is starting K. this year and his class looks sooo dull compared to yours. You have the luckiest students, what a fun year they are going to have, oh and enjoy your maternity leave =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails