Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Weekend

We started our weekend off yesterday by waking up early and going to a yard sale that a friend of mine from work was having. She has a little girl who is almost 2 who was also born in June so I knew we could find a ton of great clothes in Essie's "season". We bought two bags of things from her...mostly bigger sizes for later on.

Then we went to breakfast, to walmart to exchange a few things, a furniture store to scope out some couches, and a consignment shop. We found three precious outfits there for next to nothing! Here they are:
We spent the rest of the day being lazy (I'm fighting a terrible cold as well)...our friends Sarah & Matthew stopped by and brought their new little rescued puppy (a sheltie) named Allie to visit. I'm pretty sure Tucker is quite smitten with her.
Today we slept in a little more, got up and went to walmart to do some heavy grocery shopping. We haven't really grocery shopped in so long that we filled up a cart quite quickly. I wanted to get our pantry stocked up and get some stuff to make meals to freeze. Then we've spent the remainder of the day cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! I boiled all of Essie's pacifiers-she has a TON! I'm definitly in that "nesting" phase where things HAVE to get done NOW! We cleaned our bedroom which was filthy! We also cleaned/disinfected our entire master bathroom. We cleaned sinks, toilets, floors, counters, and even the jacuzzi tub (which was not fun by the way). I put all of Essie's clean clothes away and we are just about to start putting all our clean clothes away. Travis grilled some yummy steaks and squash for dinner...which was a nice treat! I'm loving that right now we have little evidences that she will join us soon. Every time I walk by our breakfast nook I can't help but smile at her highchair. Isn't it pretty? I love that it's real wood and looks like real furniture! I can't wait for her to use it-I can already see Maggie begging for food from her!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails