Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nursery Tour!

Over at Kelly's Korner, there is a "tour of homes" going on each Friday! So far I haven't joined in on the fun but this week I just couldn't resist. It's nusery/kids rooms!!! I'm just so proud of Essie Claire's nursery that I thought I would give ya'll a tour one more time! It's almost finished. There are a few more little accents that I still need (a book holder that my dad is making & some artwork) but other than that it's ready for our little girl!

We went for a "shabby chic" look for her room. I found an inspiration room on this website that I loved and went from there. I knew I wanted stripes with two shades of pink & I am lucky enough to have a husband who worked his booty off giving me those! Here is the view into her room as you walk in the door. My very talented hubbie also made that beautiful cornice board that is hanging on her window!
I found the main fabric (the blue floral) that I loved at a little boutique here in town...although I did find it much cheaper online later. I had my very talented friend Lori make all the crib bedding and it turned out beautifully!
The painting that hangs abover her bed was made by a co-worker/friend and it matches the room perfectly! The leaning ladder shelf in the corner was made by my dad several years back and we repainted it to match her room.Here is another view of the back of her room.
The right side of her room holds a changing table, rocker, & little pink table. The chair we got as a Christmas gift from my parents. The changing table was a discount find at a little furniture store back in Batesville. And the little pink table we found at a flea market and painted it pink! I cannot wait to sit and rock Essie here and read books to her!
The view looking at the door. One of my favorite things in her room is the chandelier. We found it at Lowe's of all places!The bow holder we made for her...she just cannot have enough bows! It hangs on her closet door.

Just a peek into her closet. I finally got it all organized by size. Poor thing doesn't have a thing to wear! The back of this closet door hold her bags. And the back of this door holds all her shoes, headbands, and pacifiers!We have had the best time planning and decorating her nursery! It's hard to believe that she'll be here to enjoy it in just a few short weeks! Thanks for checking her room out and be sure to check Kelly's Korner tomorrow to see all the other nurseries and kid's rooms!

18 comments:

Cunningham's Chaos said...

WOW! Ya'll seriously need to be quit your jobs and just be a professional decorating team. I could not imagine a more beautiful room!

Christa said...

I love the "shabby chic" look. The colors are too cute. And I love the chandelier!

The Gilliland Family said...

Love this room! Its adorable :) Thanks for sharing. Amber

Stacy said...

Great room! I am expecting a boy in July. Isn't it so much fun decorating a nursery? Thanks for sharing.

BOWquet said...

That is a beautiful room. Great job!

Annie said...

I LOVE IT!
What a beautiful nursery!!
The closet is amazing with all that wonderful stuff, Essie has a lot to look forward to :)

The Baby Cove said...

Essie's room is so cute! I love the pinks together. Her closet is to die for!

Pam Bowers said...

How precious. What a sweet room. Congrats and may she come soon!

Paige said...

Wow, this room is amazing! You did such a wonderful job! Congrats!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

This is such a gorgeous room! The chandelier is awesome!

Tara G. said...

I love it that you took the stripes up that high wall and that a beautiful chandelier meets the eye! Love your closet!

Amy R said...

Oh my goodness Randi.. Essie's nursery is just breath-taking!!! It is soo pretty and magical!! Great job!!

Lynn said...

What a beautiful nursery!!! You did a wonderful job!! Love the colors, how you decorated, love the closet!! Beautiful!!

Paige said...

LOVE IT!! Love the mix of blue and pinks- very shabby chic indeed!

Courtney said...

Love the stripes. The room looks great.

FiDesigns said...

This room is stunning! I love it!!

Hey It's Me Casey said...

I absolutely love this nursery! I was wondering if you knew by chance where your parents got the chair? I know this is from a few years ago but I need a chair for my daughter's nursery and I love yours!

Randi House said...

The chair is from Babies R Us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails