Saturday, May 23, 2009

Childbirth Class

Today was the day I've been dreading all pregnancy....childbirth class. I put if off until the very end since I didn't want to have to face that reality. It wasn't as bad as I thought. We watched a seriously outdated (circa 1976 ish) video of a horrifyingly natural childbirth. I was very thankful for the lady who sat in front of me. Her poofie hairdo perfectly covered the part I didn't want to see! :) We also watched a c-section video. Well I should say "everyone else" watched it cuz I didn't look at the screen once during that one! I did learn a few small things. We toured a room (been there, done that) and she showed us all the instruments that will be used. I was really hoping for more of a "how to take care of the baby once she's here" tutorial but we didn't get that. It pretty much just covered the time leading up to delivery and the actual delivery and that's all. Travis was very interested in it all...definitly more than I was. In fact all the men in the room seemed to ask more questions than the women. I think we were all too busy looking for the quickest escape route outta that room! We took a few pics before we left this morning...I was afraid it may be last time either one of us smiles for awhile! :) So here we are before heading out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails