Sunday, May 17, 2009

Advice Please!!!

Okay after our first two loads of baby clothes we are already frustrated/confused with washing baby clothes. Here is what I did. I washed using only Dreft on the delicate cycle and dried most of her stuff on low heat. I air dryed the stuff that needed that.
We had a few problems:
  • One thing is that everything came out completely wrinkled! All the little bows and hems and decorations are all bunched up! Not to mention all the monogrammed stuff looks weird now. Any suggestions on this? I really don't want to have to iron baby clothes...seriously. I don't iron-I send Travis' workshirts to be ironed at a local shop here!
  • Second problem-a lot of her cute darker clothes faded after just one wash! I was so disappointed to see some of my favorite outfits come out looking like that! Any suggestions here?
  • And finally-hanging dresses that have matching bloomers/diaper covers and shirts with matching pants. What do you do here to keep them together?

So help all you experienced moms out there! I want to get our system down before she gets here! :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I haven't had much of a problem on the fading, so I don't have advice there. In regards to the dresses with bloomers I just hang the dress on the hanger then slip the bloomers over the top of the hanger so that that the hanger is fished through the leg holes. Not always attractive, but keeps them together.

Rachelle said...

Dreft is really great to get out milk stains, so you may try something more delicate for everyday washing. We use Purex Free and Clear. You can always add a very small amount of Dreft to your load for the nice smell. I would try putting the clothes in the dryer just long enough to get them warm and then hang them up. You can usually pull or smooth the wrinkles out with your hands while the clothes are still warm. This is just what I do with little boy clothes...you know I have no practice with pretty little dresses! As for the bloomers, you could close pin them to the bottom of the hanger under the dress. I hope this helps!

Creekmore's said...

I never used Dreft. I have to use Free laundry detergents for myself anyway, so I've always just washed the boys clothes with ours using Tide Free and Bounce Free dryer sheets. Even if you do use Dreft, you may consider switching to a Free detergent for yourself for a while because newborns have a lot of contact with your clothes and sheets and what not the first few months. I don't remember ever having any trouble with fading either. And I have no idea on bows and ribbons LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails