Friday, April 3, 2009

Well...dang!

I went in for my glucose test on Monday and was told if I didn't hear back by Tuesday that I could assume it was okay. So after Tuesday and no call I gleefully assumed away. Joyful to have passed! That joy faded when I got a call this afternoon from my nurse...I failed. My number was supposed to be 140 or below. I was at 171. Crap. So now I have to go in on Monday morning (and miss another day of work) to do the glorious 3 hour test. Any tips out there for passing this dang thing...or ideas of how to pass 3 hours sitting in the waiting room???

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

That stinks!! Can you leave and come back in 3 hours, or do they have to test you every hour? I would ask! I think this calls for the purchase of a new book or some magazines! You better have someone drive you home...I am going to guess that you won't be feeling great after not eating all morning. Good Luck!

Amy Barrett said...

OK... I don't know if I can help or not but I failed mine with Ella and I really think it is because I took the initial one WRONG! I drank it slowly as I shopped the mall! I didn't know you were supposed to drink it real fast... so that made me fail. SO, my advice (I'm sure you did it right the first time but if not...) is to make sure you have them tell you the exact directions. Also, take a great book! You don't need someone to drive you home though. You can eat anything you want after your last test.

Related Posts with Thumbnails