Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fox Meadow Baby Shower

Today was my first baby shower! However...my day started off HORRIBLE. I had planned on wearing a certain outfit but when I went to put it on this morning-it just didn't work. So I had to go through my entire closet to find something to wear-that fit. Not an easy task these days. Then my flat iron stopped working halfway through styling my hair. I was running late and panicking to get out the door for work so I just threw my makeup in a bag and took it with me. By the time I got to work...I was a wreck. My hormones were all over the place and I was in tears. I couldn't stop them. Of course everyone was concerned about me. One of the girls in the office called me to come down there. When I got down there-her sister (a hairstylist) was there to fix my hair for me! So we sat in the office in a make-shift "salon" while I got my hair done...it was sooo sweet that of course I cried again! So my day started to get better. Then we got my favorite salad for lunch today which made my day even better. The girls I work with are AMAZING. I work at the most amazing elementary school that is filled with the most loving people! The other girls who work on my hallway threw me the most incredible shower today. They decorated the lounge in such an adorable way...they had put up a large piece of paper that had Essie's initials on it and had pink everywhere! One of the girls, Brandy, had painted this beautiful painting for Essie's room-of course I teared up when I saw it! I can't wait to hang it in her room. They had pink oreo balls, fruit and fruit dip, chips & salsa, and my favorite eclairs (for E-claire)-I know cute huh??? I got a ton of great gifts and had the best time! I am so lucky to work with such incredible people! My parents even came up to share in the festivities! Our loot included: a bumbo & bumbo tray, a carrier, a bathtub filled with Aveeno baby stuff, bath stuff, and wipes, an ear thermometer, our portable crib, bottles & pacifiers, diapers and diaper cream, a picture frame, a playmat, and a bunch of adorable clothes and shoes!






1 comment:

Amy Barrett said...

I love the salon story! That is really sweet! Those girls at FME are pretty sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails