Friday, October 2, 2009

Our Day...

Well today was Essie and my last day together on maternity leave....she will start daycare on Monday and I go back to work on Tuesday. :(  It's been so wonderful the past 12 weeks with her!  I can say that it was a blessing to be able to stay with her...I feel these past 12 weeks have allowed me to get to know her so well and it allowed us precious time to bond.  I am very nervous and excited about our new routine and schedule....I just hope it goes well.  I've not worked since June so it will be a MAJOR adjustment for me...I'm going into a classroom of kiddos I don't know!  It's so wierd.  And Essie is going to have an even BIGGER adjustment staying with someone completley different!  I just hope and pray we both adjust well!  So since today was our last day of our familiar routine I wanted to document it so I can always remember what we did during this time!
So here's our day...I can't say it's the most "common" day we had but it's similar to our routine.

6:30 am  Essie wakes up for her first feeding (she slept 8 and a half hours), Daddy prepares her bottle and I feed her

7:00 am Essie is back asleep and so is mommy! (oh I will miss that extra time to sleep)
7:30 Daddy leaves for work (late as always!)
8:30 I get up but Essie is still sleeping.  I do some light cleaning while she still sleeps.
9:30 Essie wakes up again ready to EAT! So we hang out in bed while she eats and I watch part of Regis and Kelly.
10:00 Time to get dressed!  Essie gets dolled up and we take pictures in her white chair (pretty much an everyday thing for us!)



10:30 Essie spits up on outfit so on to outfit #2!
11:00 Essie watches cartoons while in the bouncy seat so I can get ready.




11:30 We load up and head to pick daddy up for lunch (we are going out for lunch since it'll be our last family lunch date for awhile!)
12:00 We all eat lunch at O'Charleys! It was so good! I had my favorite: Pecan Chicken Tender Salad...mmmm.
12:45 We take daddy back to work and Essie goes into his office so daddy can show her off and I can feed her again so she doesn't scream all the way home!
1:00 We get back home and watch a little Tv until Essie falls asleep again (thank god she's back on her napping schedule!)
3:00 Essie wakes up and eats again.
4:30 Daddy gets home! Essie spits up AGAIN so on to outfit #3!
5:00 We all load up to run some errands! First stop is a little boutique to pick up a navy bow for her upcoming 3 month pictures!  Then to target where we buy cousin Haley and cousin Kennedy's birthday presents.  Essie also find a mirror she's been dying to get!  Then it's a stop at Starbucks-Caramel Frappacino for mom and Vanilla Bean for daddy.  After that we go to Whole Hog Cafe for dinner-daddy gets chicken nachos and mommy gets pork nachos...essie sleeps. Then I feed Essie while daddy drives us to TJ Maxx for our last stop.  We find a few new toys and outfits for E.C. and then head home!

8:00 We get home and it's bathtime for one sleepy little girl.  Then it's pajamas, and her last bottle.


10:00 Bedtime for Essie!
I am going to miss our daily routine so much...I have so enjoyed it! But I know it will be nice to get back into my old routine as well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails