Thursday, October 1, 2009

My favorite baby things...

Over at Kelly's Korner this week everyone is sharing their favorite "baby gear".  I've already done a few posts about this so I'm putting those on here and adding a few to the bottom that I've recently found a love for!!!

So here are a few of my top picks for new mommies:
1. This travel crib...We LOVE it! It's smaller than a regular pack & play and it has wheels so we just roll it around with us everywhere! And it packs small for when we do travel!



2. Diaper Genie...oh my. I thought this was just a really expensive trash can. But how it contains the smell of those newborn poopie diapers! Amazingly refreshing!3. Itzbeen...it keeps track of how long it's been since we last fed/diapered/slept. I cannot live without this right now...after trying to keep track of her feedings at the hospital on paper I sent Sarah to Target for us to get this and we've used it more than anything else!




4. Pampers Swaddlers...love how they fit and how they keep the wetness away from her! We've tried many other brands and still Pampers is our favorite so far!
5. Lansinoh breast pads...no explanation needed. But every new mommy (nursing or not) needs these!
6. Soothie pacifiers...Essie LOVES these pacis! I thought they were super ugly and I hated how much they cover her face but she "hearts" them very much! I found cute pink ones but they are for older babies and are too tough for her right now!



7. Dr. Brown's bottles...we love these so far. And the pieces aren't too hard to wash so that's not really a big deal. So far we've not had too much tummy trouble and I think that's largely due to these bottles

8. Snug & Tug Swaddlers: we love this swaddling blanket-Essie cannot get out of it!  It can be found at http://www.target.com/.
9. Butt Paste: we had our first small diaper rash and it took it away immediately!  I was very impressed!

10. Little Noses Saline Spray: our doctor told us the 3 things you should always have on hand are saline spray, tylenol, and gas drops.  And boy was he right!  We love that this spray has a little nozzle so it's easier to use on her.

11. Aquaphor Baby-this is a must have!  Essie had horrible baby acne (which was actually a dry skin condition).  Regardless she had a horrible red rash (remember the red square incident?) and cradle cap.  I started putting this on her face/scalp at night after our bath and her rash and cradle cap are GONE!  In fact they were gone in a matter of days!

12. Carter's pants: these are the only ones to fit her (she still wears the newborn size).


13. Waterproof labels: With Essie starting daycare soon I searched online to find these waterproof/dishwasher safe labels for her bottles and pacis.  I found these on http://www.etsy.com/




14. Munchkin Bottle Warmer-we bought this for our recent trip to Pine Bluff.  Being on the road for over 3 hours we knew we'd need a warm bottle...this one works great!  And for only $10!


15.  Our stroller/car seat combo.  We bought this Safety First set at Walmart.com and love it.  While preggo my biggest stress was finding the right set for us.  So far I have NO complaints.  The carseat is easy to adjust and the stroller works great!


16.  Our "other' stroller.  We bought this Jeep umbrella stroller for lighter trips.  We didn't want a flimsy umbrella so we got this one so it'd handle gravel, etc better.  We also found it online at walmart.com on clearance! :)




A few things that I do NOT like so far:
1. Our swing.  It's a fisher price swing that plugs into the wall (I thought it'd save us lots of batteries).  It just doesn't swing very much (I did call the company and they are sending us a new motor) but it also squeaks horribly. 

2. Cucumber Melon scented wipes....ugh!  Okay combining the smell of baby poo with cucumber melon is NOT GOOD!!!

3. This ear themometer-it does NOT work.  Don't waste your money.  Just get a booty one-it's not that bad to do it and much more accurate!

2 comments:

Helen Joy said...

Those little pants were a must for me. I had all these onezies with nothing to pair with them. Love those lables too!

Rachel said...

I would never have thought about the scented wipes issue. That must not smell too pleasant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails