Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My first day...

So today was MY first day back to work.  I've been off work pretty much since early June so I was really worried about getting back into the swing of things.  Especially missing the beginning of the school year.  Our routine went really well this morning.  We switched a few things up but it's helping getting alot done the night before.  We pretty much get up at 6:00 am and one of us feeds Essie while the other showers.  Then we take turns watching her while the other one gets ready.  She was soooo tired this morning that she really didn't even want her first bottle.  She slept the whole time we were getting ready and didn't wake up until I was putting her into the carseat.  In fact...she and I walked out the door at 7am!  I felt like such a MOM today.  I had my diaper bag/purse, Essie's daycare bag, my school bag and lunch bag, and coffee in one hand and the carseat in the other! 


Once I got to work I felt really out of it/disconnected from it all.  I mean I haven't even thought about work until this morning! ha!  But by 9am I was in full swing and things were going great!  I hate to admit it but I was truly enjoying myself.  I think I missed it more than I realized.  It was great to see my friends...I work with the most amazing ladies!  And my kiddos this year seem to be really great!  They even made me this awesome little book...it made my day! Also I had a surprise gift from my pink pal at work (it's like a secret sis type deal).




I was so excited to pick up my little one today!  She smiled the biggest smile at me and melted me to pure mush when I got there.  She had a wonderful day and even took good naps!  Mrs. Deena says that she's very interested in the other two kiddos and that they love on her all day! 

Once we got home I cooked dinner and then Travis had to go to the dr.  He's got a torn ligament in his foot.  While he was gone essie and I took a short little nap...well I took a short nap.  She was so worn out from her day that she pretty much slept the entire evening away! She did wake up for about an hour and played in this great jumperoo that was given to us by a guy that Trav works with.  She LOVES it!  Especially when we put it in front of the tv when Dancing With The Stars is on!  She squealed when she saw it tonight! Seriously! And the bottom pic cracks me up...every night when we go to bed Tucker brings his beloved super chicken toy with him.  He usually tosses it to one of us for a quick game of fetch before he settles in. I was getting Essie's bath ready when I heard Travis crack up.  (He was getting Essie undressed for her bath).  Tucker decided he wanted to play fetch with someone different tonight! He had laid it on top of Essie!  And don't worry she got a bath immediately after..I know that toy is NASTY! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails