Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oreo Balls

Over at Kelly's Korner this week is a dessert recipe share!
One of my favs...seriously good and easy!

All you need are 3 ingredients.
1 package of oreos
1 package of cream cheese (softened)
1 package of almond bark or other melting chocolate

First you dump all the oreos into a food processor and grind em up until super fine...it'll look like dirt when you're done.
Then toss in that hunk of cream cheese and dig in with your hands...I've found no other way that works on this. You really have to work for awhile to get it all incorporated.
Then roll out the mixture into inch sized balls and lay on wax paper covered cookie sheet. Pop em in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
While your "balls" are freezing melt the chocolate the way you choose (I did microwave). Drop the balls into the chocolate, coat well, shake off excess, and put back onto wax paper covered cookie sheet. Once complete, pop 'em back into the freezer for a while to harden.
Then ENJOY!!!

12 comments:

TriciaNae said...

yum. seriously ... i might make this if i could get through the recipe before eating the oreos. lol

Alyssa said...

Are they real crunchy like an oreo or do they soften?

Courtney said...

Those look amazing!

Eliz said...

These are so good and so easy! One of my favorites!

Jenny said...

I've seen these before, and have always wondered how they are made.... thank you for sharing!

Kristine McKowen said...

I just made these two weeks ago - they were so deathly!

In fact, I am buying the ingredients today to make them for tailgating tomorrow night.

So much quicker than cakeballs (which are just as deathly)!

Summer said...

Oh they look soooo yummy! My hubby and I love oreos... So I think I am gonna have to snag this one.... Thanks for sharing :0)

Katie said...

They look yummy! I am addicted to oreos:) so I am definately going to try these.
Thanks for sharing

Leslie said...

These look so yummy and easy. My boys love Oreos!!!

Thanks!
Visit my blog sometime:)

The Taffs said...

Oh My Goodness. That looks soooo good!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these sound so sinful! Can't wait to try the recipe. Thanks!

SnoWhite said...

we just made these for the first time last Christmas -- yum-o!

Related Posts with Thumbnails