Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Great Frog-tastrophe of 2009

I have to admit that I have a rediculous, irrational fear.  I am absolutely TERRIFIED of frogs.  I know it's silly and rediculous but I am.  I know they can't harm me but it's the fact that they CAN jump on me that gets me.  I am always on the lookout for them.  Well this morning I decided that Essie and I would venture out and hit up this big consignment sale going on.  And as I opened the door to the garage  to leave...there it was.
Sitting there between me and my freedom.

Yes.  A FROG.  IN my garage!!!
I screamed and shut the door.  What was I going to do?  I mean Essie was already strapped into the carseat...
So I did what any rational girl does. I called my husband (almost in tears) and was describing my big dilemma.  All the while the frog is taunting me sitting between me and the jeep.
What does my husband say to do?
Walk TOWARD it and it will go away.  Are you kidding me?  TOWARD it?  Heck no. Absolutely not. At that point that thing hops on over UNDER my Jeep.  Now I definately cannot leave.  If I go to the jeep it will jump on my foot or worse in my car.  Oh yeah...can't do that!
So I consulted Essie and she completely agreed with me.  We must wait for daddy to come home and get it.
Thankfully it's near his lunch hour so he reluctantly agrees to come on home.

Essie and I sit on the stairs and wait for him. Maggie and Tucker decided to wait with us.

Finally daddy arrived and saved the day...My hero!
 Oh and did I mention it was a BABY frog?  yeah...no bigger than a quarter.  But I'm not ashamed.

So we did get to go to the consignment sale...it was a nuthouse!  Packed shoulder to shoulder...a near war-zone.  I found a handful of cutesie things:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails