Monday, September 14, 2009

First Shots...

Today Essie got her first set of shots...and it simply was the toughest thing for me!  I was a nervous wreck all day...dreading it and worrying myself sick.  To ease my mind I dressed her up in her new Dr. Suess onesie...how cute does she look?
So finally 2:00 rolled around and daddy came home so we could all go together.
First we got weighed...10 pounds 13 ounces.  She is in the 50th percentile for weight and head size.  She was 23 inches long and is in the 75the percentile on height.  She's a tall girl.
The doctor came in and checked her out and said she's looking just great.  Then the nurse had to come and give her the shots.  She got one in each leg and took one orally.  She like the oral one best by far!  She did scream and cry the most awful cry I'd ever heard.  I cried right along with her of course.  But it didn't last long and she was conked out by the time we left.  This evening she's done pretty well...she's even giggled a few times!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails