Wednesday, August 11, 2010

bonding with the blender

Since I'm dealing with a very picky eating toddler these days and a hubbie who doesn't like any veggies I am fully investing my meal planning into this book:


I was so excited when I got it at Kohls for $5.00 and I was so ready to start trying some things out!  If you've never heard of this book or seen it before...it's all about hiding fruits and veggies in everyday foods so that you can't taste them but you get the nutrition from them.  You have to puree alot of veggies and fruits to use so I bought a ton of produce at the grocery store tonight and went to town pureeing (is that even a word?!).

So now my freezer if filled with spinach, broccoli, yellow squash, pineapple, avocado,  and cauliflower! I've used up all my sweet potato puree already so I need to replace it!  I also have butternut squash, carrots, and bananas left to do tomorrow!

I also whipped up one of the recipes for a fruit popsicle.  It's only yogurt, blueberry puree, plum puree, and a little powdered sugar.  Essie will love these for breakfast in the morning!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails