Friday, June 18, 2010

Our "award winning" proposal!

Travis did such an amazing job proposing to me that it actually won us a contest! A local radio station was running a "power proposal" contest just weeks after Travis proposed so I submitted ours and we WON!  We won pretty much our wedding for free (my dress, his tux, the reception, cake, flowers) also a couch, portraits, limo ride, etc.  It was such a blessing!  So here is the proposal!

I was completely shocked when Travis proposed to me on Friday, March 28th. My apartment was broken into the day before and he made this big spill about how he wanted to take me to dinner to get away for a while, relax, and forget about everything. So, we got dressed up and went to dinner at the Candlelite Steakhouse in Paragould. When we left the restaurant instead of heading back toward Jonesboro he drove into Paragould. When I asked his reasoning he just told me he felt like seeing what there was to do in Paragould. We drove around aimlessly for a while and once again instead of taking the normal way home he headed toward Crowley’s Ridge State Park. I was quite agitated at this point and really giving him a hard time for taking the long way home. When we were passing the park he slowed down and told me he felt like driving through the park. I told him I didn’t think it was the best idea since it was dark and it would be closing soon; however, he drove into the park anyway. Then, instead of taking the road that leads to the exit he pulled up toward the cabins. Once again I gave him a hard time because I didn’t want to disturb anyone and I just didn’t see any point in it. He did as he wanted anyway and pulled up in front of one of the cabins and told me to open the glovebox. I did so and inside found a key to the cabin. He said that he wanted to get me away from my apartment for the night. I apologized for giving him such a hard time about everything and we went inside. I was still clueless and thought the surprises would end there. I was so wrong. Once we got inside he started a fire and we just sat around a talked for a while. After about thirty minutes or so he said that he had almost forgotten but that he had a gift for me. He went out to the car and returned with a package. I unwrapped it to find a box that was shaped and decorated like a book. The outside was painted blue and in silver lettering it read “Travis and Randi’s Greatest Memories”. The spine of the “book” pulled out like a drawer and inside were pictures of us. The first picture was taken at the very beginning of our relationship and each picture after that got progressively closer to the present. Still clueless I pulled out each picture and laughed and talked about each memory. The last picture I came to was one taken a month or so before and when I pulled it out underneath was a false bottom. Written on it was “Lift here for the next chapter”. I lifted it to find a picture of Travis wearing the same clothes as he was then down on one knee holding the ring. He had tied the rind to the flap as well so when I lifted it up the ring popped up like a pop-up book. I immediately burst into tears as he got down on his knee and asked me if I would spend the rest of my life with him. Through my sobs I was barely able to get out a “yes”. I was so excited that I made him drive me back to Jonesboro that night so that I could show everyone!

Here are some pics from that night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails