Tuesday, June 1, 2010

end of the year partay

First of all this afternoon at school our principal came over the loudspeaker and announced that everyone must immediately come into the foyer.  We had no idea what was going on so we all huddled around nervously and awaited.  Turns out our state scores had come in and we made TREMENDOUS gains in our scores in all areas...all grades.  (I'm talking like 20 point gains here) Unheard of gains!  The assitant superintendant was there as well and tears were shed because we have been revamping our entire curriculum since our scores have fallen the last few years.  I am so proud of our kiddos and teachers! We really have worked soooo hard this year!

And then this evening we had our big end of the year get together at a local karaoke place.  Our counselor, who has been in our building forever, is leaving this year for a new job so we planned several surprise going away skits. 




These ladies changed the words to "Sandra Dee" to fit her...it was hysterical!


And then I was involved in another skit that was a play on SNL's famous "Schwetty Balls" skit. 


I won't go into what the skit was about since it's quite risque but it was waaaay funny and I had to bite the inside of my lips to keep from busting out.  But we pulled it off and I was so relieved!



We had the best night cutting loose and hanging out...I will say you've never lived fully until you see a room filled with elementary teachers cutting loose and celebrating!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails