Sunday, November 1, 2009

cleaning streak, a few changes, and a rookie dad

Okay so our Sunday had been jam packed.  Essie did not get the time change memo...so she woke up ultra early.  So we took advantage and ran to Target to hit up the after Halloween sale!  We got a few things for next year.  Once we got home I got on a CRAZY cleaning streak...I have cleaned for 10 solid hours today! No joke...deep cleaning!  I'm not completely done but I did get alot accomplished today:
  • I washed, dried, and put away 8 loads of laundry.
  • did two loads of dishes.
  • cleaned all three bathrooms from top to bottom...disinfected every square inch!
  • cleaned out our master closet and filled a huge tub of clothes/shoes for donation.
  • dusted the whole house...even pulled out dressers to dust behind them!
  • washed windows and blinds.
  • vaccuumed/swept the floors
  • cleaned out our bathroom drawers-go rid of expired medicines.
  • cleaned out our kitchen pantry and spice cabinet and threw away all expired stuff!
  • cleaned out the fridge.
We are still working on putting away the Halloween decorations and Essie's clothes. Whew I am worn plum out but it feels so good to have a clean house again!

This afternoon Travis was going to take Essie to Sams with him so I could continue my cleaning streak.  It was going to be the very first time he took her anywhere by himself!  He packed the only "manly" bag we had (the free one from the hospital) so he didn't have to take my pink one! In his excitement he ran off and left it!  I was cleaning the floors and noticed it....it cracked me up!  He didn't even realize it...rookie!


And we've had a few changes around our house lately.  Last night Essie slept for the first time without being swaddled...and we have dropped her pack and play mattress to the bottom since she's about reached the weight limit for the bassinet part!  She's doing pretty well so far...we were very worried about the swaddling part but so far so good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails