Monday, January 26, 2009

How we spent Sunday...

We had a very eventful Sunday! It started at 2:30 am when I awoke with some abdominal pains. I chalked it up to round ligament (ie growing uterus) pain, took some tylenol and went back to sleep. 6:00 I woke up again this time in serious pain...mostly in my middle left back area that shot around to my side/lower abdomen. I also noticed some blood in my urine. So off to the ER we go. Thankfully the place was empty. I was in an enormous amount of pain at that point and couldn't sit down. Got checked in by the triage nurse, put on the lovely gown, blew 2 veins trying to get an IV in, and settled in for a long morning. After some pain medicine that only worked from the neck up, some ultrasounds, and hours of waiting...the verdict was that I must have some kidney stones (I had one in high school before). They wanted to admit me to the hospital so they could administer pain meds and flush me out. So off we go to the women's center, I was given some Stadol (sp?) and nausea medicine which made me fly high. I have never been so messed up on medicine before!!! Whew! I don't know how some women can actually function to give birth on that stuff. I couldn't even keep my eyes open or lift up my head! I slept for a few hours and wasn't in as much pain. The doctor came in to see me and said if I felt better that I could be released that evening. I was pain free from around 4pm so he let me go at 6:30 last night. During the night, the pain came back full force at 4:00 am but I took a pain pill and it helped alot thankfully. So yesterday, Travis and I had a "practice run" for when Essie comes. We flew to the hospital while I was groaning in pain, was admitted to the women's center where I'll be having her, and got a sneak peek at what is coming our way! I also had my first IV and stay in the hospital ever! Today, I'm worn out, bruised all over my arm where I was poked and proded, and hoping the pain doesn't come back! Here are a few pics of our day...warning: these are super sexy! Keep in mind that I was in a TON of pain!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails