Saturday, January 5, 2008

House Update

Well we have recieved our appraisal for our house so we can get our construction loan. We have a meeting Thursday about the loan so we should have it after then. We also recieved our first building estimate from Bartons. It's so fun to be doing this type of stuff. We've picked our our interior and exterior lights, chosen our brick color, etc. I love that type of stuff. But pretty soon our real work...the manual labor will begin and it won't be too fun then. For the most part Travis and I have agreed upon most things...the major disagreement right now is about the flooring. He wants stained concrete...I'm leaning more toward hardwood (simply because we want kiddos soon and I don't want my little ones crawling on concrete!) But he really wants the stained concrete (which I love as well), so we'll just have to work that one out later! We spent the majority of today wandering from store to store looking at "house stuff". It really is exciting and a little terrifying to think that we will really be building soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails