Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Day Off!


Today both Travis and I were off today which a rarity. We got up and went to a plumbing store to look at bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Then we went to two different brick places and picked out our brick...chocolate brown antique. :) We called around to some guys to do our footings and slab. We now plan to break ground this weekend and hopefully have our footings put in early next week! It's starting to move so quickly. So far we have agreed upon just about everything. We still disagree on the flooring. I've found this beautiful, yet ridiculously expensive hand-scraped hardwood that I would love to use. But more realisticaly found some less expensive hardwood that I would be very happy with. Yet Travis is still deadset on his stained concrete. We just can't seem to agree on a solution. I've decided to draw a line down the middle of the house and let him do what ever he wants on his side :) Then my mom and day came down for a quick visit and dinner. It was really nice seeing them and getting to visit for a short bit. I know that we won't get to visit them as much as we would like once our house gets moving along. Here is a pic of Maggie and Tucker waiting for Nana and Papa to arrive.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey Randi! I had no idea you had a blog. I'm going to put you on my side too! What school are you teaching at? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails