Monday, January 28, 2008

Quick Tip

While cooking dinner tonight I had a major boilover on the stove. I was simmering a mixture of milk and flour when I turned to place a pot into the sink. During that time the pan of milk practically exploded all over the stove. It was covering the whole stove and searing to the burners. Anyone who has a glasstop stove knows how much of a pain it is to clean off burned on stuff to those burners. So before I could even wipe it all off, it had seared and burnt to 3 of my 4 burners. It was a terrible mess. However I did figure out one thing to clean it off. I made a paste of baking soda and water. I used one of those 3M no scratch sponges (on the scrubber side) and worked for awhile to try and the get the burns out. It got the majority...I still have some work to do. However, the baking soda and water mixture cleaned the best for me! So anyone who has the glasstop stoves should definitly try it out.

Also, please check out this website. It's about our little cousin, Hailey, who was recenty diagnosed with bone cancer. Please keep her in your prayers! Thanks!
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hesanders

2 comments:

Allison said...

That's a great tip. I actually have a stove like that and can't get everything off. You should post this on Wednesday's www.rocksinmydryer.typepad.com :)

Anonymous said...

I tried your stove cleaning tip today and it worked great! I added some vinegar to it and it worked better than the cleaner that came with the stove, plus it is kid friendly! Great tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails