Thursday, January 31, 2008

snow day...well, sort of!


I woke up this morning ultra early and ran to the window to check for the predicted inches of snow and ice we were supposed to get last night. Much to my disappointment I looked out to a wet, not white or icy yard. So disappointed, I got ready and headed off to work. School was filled with disappointed students and teachers. I had almost lost all hope when my mom emailed this picture to me. It was the amount of snow that they had just recieved and what was headed our way. Soon after that, it began to sleet but the temp was still 33. Then the other area schools began to close so I knew we would too. Finally it was announced over the speaker system that we would be getting out at 12:00. If you've never been in a classroom with 20 kiddos (who are already excited about the potential of snow) when it's announced that we are leaving for a snow day...well let me tell ya that is one experience everyone should have! :) We had to feed all the students by 12 in order to count it as a full day and not have to make it up. So we rushed through lunch and headed home. So I got home a few hours early. But by the time I got home, all the snow had melted and I couldn't get a picture. So tonight I'm wishing for more snow so that we can have a real snow day tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I loved snow days! I can only imagine the chaos of the kids today! Stay warm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails