Monday, February 7, 2011

snow day

Last night Travis left for Little Rock.  Essie didn't like seeing him leave but she's been okay today.  Everytime the dogs bark she thinks its him coming home and says "daddy!"  It's not been too bad...we are making it.  I didn't sleep well last night at all and was surprised and thrilled to wake up to a text saying that schools were closed due to a snow day.  I had been up at 4am and it was doing nothing really.  So I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep.  Essie woke up around 8 and were were both shocked to see how much snow we had! I took her to the back porch to see the "no". 



So she and I have hung out around the house today. Essie's new favorite thing to do is sit/lay/stand on the coffee table.  We've been playing, cleaning, and finishing up projects.  We got to talk to Travis at his lunchhour today.  We sure do miss him!








Before I forget here are the Valentine Cookies we made this weekend...I ended up making about 4 dozen Giant personalized cookies and I made a handful of smaller ones for Essie to snack on.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails