Monday, August 18, 2008

calgone...well you know the rest

The first day of school is over...and I'm exhausted. The first day...well, umm, week wears me out! The first day is so exciting...the kiddos are so happy to be there. They come in with new backpacks, clothes, and hair cuts. They are eager to learn. I am eager to gain control. So all day I get these questions..."what is that for?", "when do we go to centers?", "is art on Mondays again?" etc, etc, etc. I on the other hand am trying to establish my classroom expectations, maintain control, put supplies away, tag backpacks, answer questions. The day flew by...I was just getting into the groove when I looked at the clock and it was 2:30...time to pack to go home! I didn't get done with half of what I wanted today...I guess there's always tomorrow. So I got home, collapsed into the couch, orderd dinner in, and took a looooong soak in the jacuzzi. And now I'm about to get ready for the second day of school! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails