Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shake yo' groove thang...



Travis and I went this afternoon to the Pregnancy Resource Center for our free ultrasound and so that I could be a "practice patient" for them. It was a lil' awkward since they had to pretty much treat me like a regular patient and I had to fill out all the typical paperwork. It was a wierd process for me but the people there were very nice. But it all got much better when we got to do the ultrasound. The tech first tried the external one on the tummy-I could see the bean and see it moving but not very well. She asked if it would be okay to do the "other" type of ultrasound. So we did the wand thing again. Travis had to wait in the lobby until they had done all the measuring and stuff. The baby measured great-heartrate was 167 this time. (still high...maybe girl???) The lady really took her time and I was in awe watching my lil bean move all around. She finally got right on top of it and gave me a good full body view rather than the profile. When she did that the little bean began to dance and shake form side to side. It had it's arms straight out and was shimming side to side. It looked like it was auditioning for Dancing with the Stars or something! Finally they went and got Travis so he could see it as well. He got to see it do it's thing. He was just as astounded as I was...the whole time our little one was jerking and twitching. He/She would throw those little arms up and wave at us. We got to watch it for like 20 minutes. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how active it was. I can't wait to feel those movements. We might just have a lil dancer on our hands!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails