Monday, December 15, 2008

frozen solid



Today was our first bit of winter weather. Of course it's not the pretty stuff-just ice. It started in around 2:15 really coming down so we let school out 30 minutes early. Lucky me had car rider duty this afternoon so I got to stand outside for 45 minutes in the frigid, wet weather. It was so cold the car doors were already freezing shut. By the time we got done my Jeep was frozen solid. I barely got the door open and the ice on the windshield was so thick there was no scraping to it. So I sat in the car while it defrosted for 20 minutes until the ice could be scraped away. I was surprised that when I got home it had apparently snowed out here-the rooftops were white! Here's a pic of my frozen windshield that I snapped while waiting for it to thaw! Also a pic of Maggie who ran right outside but quickly changed her mind once she felt that cold icy patio!

2 comments:

Cunningham's Chaos said...

We have the same thing going on here. I have to go to school in the morning! Boo Lyon!

Haley said...

well for once I'm glad Westside actually let us out! We got out at 12:15. We were all frustrated, but it really got bad quick! Have a good day off tomorrow! Westside still hasn't made the call.

Related Posts with Thumbnails