Friday, June 6, 2008

Travis the closet maker



Today Travis took the day off work so he could help me out around the new house. Our goal is to get completely finished painting this weekend. We spent the morning running around town picking up more stuff we need for the closets and getting our tools from storage. Finally around noon we got to the house and got started. He's worked all day to put the shelving in the closets. While he did that, I caulked (yes, I learned to properly use a caulk gun today) and spackled the remainder of the trim. Then I put all the hinges back on the doors. I also made two trips to Home Depot for stuff Travis needed. When I left around 8:20, Travis had finished all the closets (both spare bedroom closets, the pantry, linen closet, & coat closet) except our master closet. He was going to try to get it finished tonight by using his work light. I can't wait to see it when he's finished. He did such a great job on the other closets...I was so proud of him today. And of myself for learning how to use the caulk gun and how to correctly install hinges. (and yes, it does matter which way you put them on!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails